Truck2290 is Now Accepting Form 2290 Filings For The 2022-23 Tax Period
File IRS 2290 Form Online For The 2022-23 Tax Year
Easily File IRS 2290 form online in minutes and get Schedule 1 proof.
Truck2290 is an IRS authorized mef provider and trusted by millions of truckers.
or Call us at (805-225-7559) Our Team will File your Hvut 2290 Return.
Easily File IRS 2290 Form Online in Minutes
By filing IRS form 2290 online, truckers can avoid the risk of paper filing. Simply create a free e-file account on Truck2290, enter the required vehicle details, submit it to the IRS, and get a Schedule 1 proof within the minutes.
Create a free e-file account with Truck2290 and start filing form 2290 online for the 2022-23 tax year within the minutes.
Enter Vehicle Information
Enter Business details such as EIN, VIN, gross weight of the vehicle, and first used month.
Review & Submit
Review the 2290 tax form before submitting it to the IRS. Making any mistakes could result in IRS rejection.
Get Schedule 1 Proof
The IRS will send you a Schedule 1 as proof of highway tax paid after successfully filing the 2290 Hvut.
What Is an IRS 2290 Form?
Form 2290 is the annual truck tax form used to figure and pay heavy vehicle use taxes (HVUT) to the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS uses the collected taxes for highway maintenance and construction projects.
2290 form must be filed by every trucker who operates heavy vehicles on public highways with a gross vehicle weight of 55,000 pounds or more and covers a mileage of 5000 miles (7500 miles for agricultural vehicles) or more in the United States.
The IRS form 2290 can also be used for amendment returns, credit claims, tax exemptions, and suspended vehicles.
Are you Busy In Trucking? Just Call Us at +1-805-225-7559 Our Tax Professionals will File your 2290 Form
Information Required to File Form 2290
Truckers must have the below information before starting to file their 2290 tax form for the 2022–23 tax year. The IRS doesn’t accept the 2290 form filling without any of the following information.
- Your Company’s Name and Address.
- The taxable gross weight of your vehicle (5,5000 pounds or more).
- Employer Identification Number: A Federal Tax Identification Number is usually a 9-digit number called an Employer Identification Number assigned by the IRS and used to identify business entities.
- Vehicle Identification Number: In the United States, a vehicle’s registration number is called a vehicle identification number (VIN). This is a unique 17-digit number required when filing truck 2290 tax.
- First Used Month: The first used month depends on when you first drove the vehicle on public highways during the tax year.
IRS 2290 Form Due Date for 2022-2023
The 2290 due date is crucial for truck drivers who operate heavy vehicles on public roads. According to the IRS, every trucker needs to file form 2290 before the deadline to avoid penalties.
The tax payment period is from July 1st to August 31st every year.
Therefore, the deadline for payment of heavy vehicle use tax is “August 31st, 2022“. The current tax year begins on July 1, 2022, and ends on June 30, 2023.
Whether you want to pay tax or request a tax suspension, you must follow form 2290 instructions to ensure your truck 2290 tax return is paid on time and to avoid interest and penalties.
Calculate how much you owe 2290 Tax to the IRS for free
What Is Form 2290 Amendment Return?
An amendment return is a correction to the vehicle information on the 2290 Form previously submitted to the IRS. Truckers, businesses, owner-operators, and other entities operating heavy vehicles on public highways must file 2290 amendment returns when the vehicle exceeds mileage limits, gross weight increases, and correct VIN errors for previously reported vehicles.
What is a Tax-suspended Vehicle?
Heavy vehicles traveling 5000 miles or less and 7,500 miles for agricultural trucks are considered suspended vehicles and are exempt from Hvut payment.
Note: Truckers must file form 2290 to report their Heavy vehicles to the IRS, even for exemption of Highway tax.
Form 2290 Penalties & Interest Rates
Penalties apply for incomplete or inaccurate filings in accordance with IRS instructions. Therefore, truckers must file form 2290 for the 2022-23 tax year and pay 2290 truck taxes on time to avoid form 2290 penalties. The IRS penalties are higher and more severe than regular penalties.
Here we mentioned the penalty rates for trucker awareness
- 4.5% of the total tax due.
- 0.5% of the total tax amount.
- 0.54 % interest charged per month.
HVUT’s liability, which starts at $550, increases to approximately $700 by the end of the five-month violation period. Many states suspend the registration of taxable vehicles whose HVUT payment proof has not been produced, in addition, to form 2290 penalties.
And also, The IRS waives penalty relief if the trucker shows reasonable cause for the delay in filing the 2290 tax form.
To avoid such kinds of penalties, truckers can use the 2290 pre-file method.
Form 2290 Schedule 1 Proof and Uses
2290 Schedule 1 is proof of highway tax paid to the Internal Revenue Service. Every trucker operating heavy vehicles on public highways with a gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more must file IRS 2290 form for 2022-23 and get schedule 1 proof of payment.
Here we mention utilities in 2290 form Schedule 1 proof.
- Report the suspension of the HVUT tax.
- Verify payment of heavy vehicle use tax (HVUT).
- Claim a refund for overpaid tax dues on taxable vehicles.
- Renew vehicle registration and tags at the Department of Motor Vehicle Registration (DMV).
- Operate your heavy vehicle on public roads.
- Your vehicle can be leased or contracted.
- You can be exempt from the HVUT penalties of the IRS
The process of filing the 2290 tax form and renewing or reporting the existing or new vehicles is the regular process that heavy truckers should be done with every year.
See What The Truckers are Saying
IRS Authorized 2290 E-File Services in the US – Trust a great compliment than the love given to us by many truckers of the United States. Believe us and create a happy path for your drive. All IRS Approved 2290 Services at one-stop.
No problems. Good prices, rapid response from the customer support team.
I got my Schedule 1 in couple of minutes. Your service is fast . Thank you
Usually forget to file my tax form every year. But this time got intimation from service provider. Thanks.
I reported all my vehicles with reasonable price with this service
This is first time to file 2290 form online for me. Great experience with truck2290
Payment Methods to Pay 2290 Heavy Vehicle Use Tax
Heavy vehicle use on public highways is subject to a federal tax, which must be paid in full annually to the IRS using the truck 2290 form. When you are filing IRS form 2290 for the tax year 2022-23, the highway tax amount must be paid using IRS-approved 2290 payment methods.
Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW)
The Direct Debit or Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) payment options allow the IRS to take the tax paid directly from your bank account. The IRS requires your bank account number (savings or checking), routing transit number, account type, and amount to collect the tax owed.
This is an easy and secure way to pay your heavy vehicle use taxes. It does not accept any partial payments.
Debit or Credit card
Truckers can file IRS 2290 form and pay the federal highway taxes through the credit or debit card payment method by using the IRS Website, IRS.gov/PayByCard.
Note: The payment processing provider assesses a transaction fee of about 2% of the tax amount.
Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS)
EFTPS is a government-secured payment method that allows you to make federal tax payments electronically.
If you choose the EFTPS method to pay your 2290 highway taxes, you must visit eftps.gov and schedule the payment to begin after filing 2290 Hvut.
The IRS may impose penalties on you if you wait until past the due date to make the required EFTPS payment for unpaid HVUT. You should schedule your EFTPS payment at least by 8 p.m. EST on the day before the due date, to ensure your payment is completed on time.
This method of payment is accurate, quick, and secure. You can pay your truck 2290 taxes through EFTPS by using the EFTPS website or by calling 1-800-555-4477 (24/7 a week).
Check or Money Order
When you use this method, you must complete the payment voucher.
- DO NOT send your HVUT payment in cash.
- Make sure your check is payable to the “United States Treasury“.
- Write your name, address, EIN, and FUM (when you file your return on your pay cheque or money order), and mention “Form 2290“.
- Do not staple the payment voucher and 2290 tax form together.
- 2290 truck tax form and the payment voucher should not be stapled together.
Mail your payment and 2290-V voucher to:
The Internal Revenue Service
P.O.Box – 932500
Louisville, KY 40293-2500
File Form 2290 Online From your Truck
Truckers can use the 2290 e-filing method to submit their IRS form 2290 for the 2022-23 tax year. This is an easy and fast method to receive IRS Schedule 1 Proof from any location with a mobile or laptop.
- Easy and quick truck 2290 tax filing process.
- Experienced 24/7 US-based customer support team.
- Truck2290 is an IRS-Approved 2290 e-file service provider.
- Details you entered here are secured with 256-bit encryption.
Latest Posts From Our Blog
- Truckers Need to Know About Form 2290 FilingAs a taxable truck owner, it’s very necessary to know about form 2290 filing. Form 2290 is a tax document available from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for paying Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) federal taxes. Taxable trucks with a gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more, and truckers who drive heavy vehicles on public roads in the United States …
- IRS Alert to Heavy Truckers for HVUTThe Form 2290 filing season for the 2022–23 tax year will end this month. Hence, truckers must be aware and vigilant about the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) and tax payment season due date. In case you fail to report your Form 2290 HVUT by the deadline, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will charge penalties, late charges, and interest on …
- Simply Get Your IRS Schedule 1 by Filing Form2290 at Truck2290.This is the right time to have a filing of IRS Form 2290 by heavy taxable truckers for the tax year 2022–23. Truckers must be aware and alert for the filing season to avoid IRS penalties. The tax filing season is going to end soon. Thus, truckers need to file their 2290 tax form urgently before the deadline. As we …
File Form 2290 Online For 2022-23 Tax Year and Get 2290 Schedule 1 Proof
The IRS 2290 deadline for filing the 2290 tax form and paying heavy vehicle use tax is “August 31st” Every year.
Heavy truck drivers who operate vehicles on public roadways with a gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more must file form 2290.
Truckers can file IRS 2290 forms in offline or online mode, but the IRS encourages you to e-file 2290 if you file 2290 truck taxes for more than 25 vehicles.