IRS Form 8849 Schedule 6 Refund Claims
File Form 8849 Schedule 6 to claim refunds of excise taxes that are reported on 2290 Form.
What is the Form 8849?
The major purpose of the 8849 Form is to claim a refund of excise taxes paid using an appropriate schedule. Also, Heavy Vehicle operators who are looking forward to claiming a refund must complete schedule 6 along with the 8849 Form.
What are the different 8849 schedules?
Here is a list of schedules:
- Use Schedule 1 to claim a refund on Nontaxable Use of Fuels
- Schedule 2 to claim a refund on Sales by Registered Ultimate Vendors
- Use Schedule 3 to claim a refund on Certain Fuel Mixtures and the Alternative Fuel Credit
- Schedule 5 for Section 4081(e) Claims
- Use Schedule 6 to claim a refund on Other Claims this includes the credit claim from Form 2290
- Schedule 8 to claim a refund on Registered Credit Card Issuers
Where to File Form 8849?
Filing an 8849 Tax Return can be done either manually or electronically. Manual filing necessitates sending it to the Department of Treasury or the IRS, along with Schedule 6.
When 8849 Form Refund is delayed?
In general, your 2290 refund filed on the 8849 form is delayed/returned if you fail to file correctly. Or, you didn’t follow instructions when filing or didn’t provide the required info.
Do all the schedules apply to Form 2290?
No, not all the schedules apply to claim refund paid on Form 2290. Instead, use Schedule 6 to claim the refund of taxes paid.
Required Information to E-file Form 8849
To request a refund you should provide original info on the 8849 Form. Here are the details about what information is required
- Taxable gross weight of the vehicle
- Specify vehicle sold/stolen/destroyed
- Date of theft/destruction
- Total refund amount
- Name & address of the purchaser (if the vehicle sold after July)
See What The Truckers are Saying
IRS Authorized 2290 E-File Services in the US – Trust a great compliment than love given to us by many truckers of the United States. Believe us and create a happy path for your drive. All IRS Approved 2290 Services at one-stop.
No problems. Good prices, rapid response from the customer support team.
I got my Schedule 1 in couple of minutes. Your service is fast . Thank you
Usually forget to file my tax form every year. But this time got intimation from service provider. Thanks.
I reported all my vehicles with reasonable price with this service
This is first time to file 2290 form online for me. Great experience with truck2290
Latest Posts From Our Blog
- Why do Heavy Vehicle Owners Need to File the 2290 Road Tax Form?Every year, thousands of businesses that own commercial trucks and other heavy machinery get tax breaks from the IRS. They are getting these taxes because they have failed to file their 2290 road tax form. Every heavy vehicle owner knows that they have to pay federal highway tax to the IRS. What they might not be aware of is that …
- Truckers Must File their IRS Form 2290 Online by the DeadlineThe IRS has filed road tax authorities to monitor and check whether the taxes are paid, especially during this tax season when many people are scrambling to file their taxes. The IRS encourages every trucker to file IRS Form 2290 online every year to avoid the peak season rush. If you are a trucker and haven’t filed this form yet, …
- Advantages of Filing 2290 Tax OnlineThe 2290 tax form is associated with the Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax, which is a tax assessed on vehicles that operate on public highways in the United States. The 2290 tax online is assessed annually and must be paid by persons who own or operate certain types of heavy vehicles. The most common vehicles subject to the Heavy Highway …
Find better Form 2290 E-file Service at better price with Truck2290
When your Form 2290 credits exceed the amount of truck tax you owe the IRS, an automatic Form 8849 is generated. Use truck2290 to e-file Form 2290 at the lowest possible cost.